Jesus Heals Bartimaeus
- The children act out the story of Jesus
healing blind Bartimaeus, a verse at a time.
- In between the verses, the leader adds
some teaching about the scene that has just been enacted.
- Children to take reading parts: Narrator,
Jesus, Bartimaeus, crowd members (between 2 and 5).
- Children to be part of the crowd.
- An adult to lead the children through the
- Dressing up clothes for at least Jesus and
Bartimaeus - but also for as many crowd members as you like.
- A cloak for Bartimaeus to lay on the
ground. Perhaps a few coins to scatter on the cloak.
- Scripts: one copy for each speaker.
- Select the children to read their parts
either before the service or as they arrive in church, according to your
- A suggested script, with teaching notes,
can be found here.